Tuesday, March 31, 2015

YA Explosion!


http://i1.wp.com/www.mybookishlife.com/wp
content/uploads/2015/01/ya131007_by_numbers_1_560.gif

I did a brief search of how popular YA Literature has gotten in recent years just to kind of check out some of the things we've been talking about in class. And it's so true! Young Adult Literature has exploded recently! And not just in the young adult age range. People of many different age groups are buying these books. I thought this picture summarized the data fairly nicely. I wonder if this trend will continue or if it's near its peak. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

1 comment:

  1. Katelyn, this information is really interesting! YA Literature has really taken off, and I can say that I also contribute to the trend. I fall right into the 35%% of buyers who are 18-29. I wonder why this trend has started? I personally feel like YAL authors currently really try to relate to the lives and feelings of their audience, here I particularly am thinking about John Green. Authors like him, I feel, are a major cause of the explosion of YA Literature.

    ReplyDelete