Monday, April 27, 2015

Decision Making

This week I read If I Stay along with my roommate, Megan. We did this as a partner read to get a better perspective on the different aspects of the book. I really liked the book. It followed a girl in her decision to stay on earth or move on to the other side. She was involved in a horrific car accident with her family. Because she was so close with her family who died, this is a difficult decision; however, in her between worlds state she can follow the aftermath of the accident as it unfolds around her, and she begins to be conflicted about her decision. She sees her friends and extended family as they come and visit her in the intensive care unit. The story follows her in this decision-making process.


I really like the book's cover because it shows the multiple aspects of the book as she continues through her decision making process.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/If_I_Stay_poster.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I think I would have liked the book had I read it, but I saw the movie and I wasn't too pleased with it. I think the plot itself was interesting, but I just wasn't very hooked as I was watching; it was very predictable and nothing came as a surprise as I watched. But, as I mentioned, I think I may have liked it more in written-form. Also, simply out of curiosity, I think it would be interesting to see what the other books following this one contain, especially considering the text leaves a cliff hanger for its readers. Lastly, as you mentioned, I think the picture above does a good job of depicting many of the different aspects of the story.

    ReplyDelete