Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Surviving Middle Class America

I read Without a Net: Middle Class and Homeless (With Kids) in America for my mystery/survival book. This is Michelle Kennedy's story of plummeting into homelessness and her struggle to escape it. After some seemingly rash decisions she made in her younger years, Kennedy ends up married with three children at 24 years old. Struggling to deal with the simplicity of her housewife lifestyle, Kennedy yearns for something more. A series of events leaves her alone with her three children. With only a high school education, Kennedy is forced to figure out a way to provide for her children. The book goes on to explain how she brings herself back up out of the lowest of her lows. Read this book to find out how she makes it with her three small children. 



Image result for michelle kennedy without a net homeless with children
http://www.vhfa.org/conference08/speakers.php


2 comments:

  1. This book looks very interesting and I like that it is a true story. I like what you said about the book. I really like that this book is something that a lot of American can relate to. This would be a great book to read over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn, I would be really interested to see what happens to the family in this book. I can't imagine what it would be like to be homeless with three small children to support, all while being a single parent. I think this book would be a good read to see how homelessness really is in America, and the circumstances that lead to living without a home. I may have to borrow this book from you!

    ReplyDelete